 Trains / *23305 (-20)
  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

I would also like to give credit for the following building I built for the show: (URL) is Reinhard Ben Beneke's design as can be seen here: (URL) built a fairly close copy using the ldraw file he had posted. I must say it is an amazing model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) Are you guys collecting sales tax? Ed LUCNY (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'm coming to the same conclusion, I was originally envisaging a bit larger. But the large size of the flanges makes the dimensions you have to take into account for footplate height much larger than on a 'scale' model. The size ben has chosen (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) From your own picture, eyeballing the measurement by holding pencils up to the wheel and the ties below it and so forth, I get that the hub diameter is just a smidgeon below 4 studs across, while Jason of the green engine wants 3, which (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Jason! He said "no" for any drivers in general. :-( (...) Have a look at this: (URL) On the left hand is a wheel from 396 etc. And I never saw a broken one. My spokes are twice as thick as these old one have been. (...) Have not measured it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

If you want to see sets, go here: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: multi club show offer

(...) Wow, this sounds like SO much fun! Too bad the GMLTC has already committed to a show that weekend, otherwise I'd try to talk them into making the road trip. It's been done before, right? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, FTX)

  Re: multi club show offer

Ondrew & All, I put this question up to our newsgroup, and see what the interest level is. I am sure we can contribute in some way. Please e-mail me to discuss some other items in regards to this. Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn President, Michiana-LUG (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben - I may have missed something. What did Brad say 'no' to? Moulding this specific part, or big drivers in general? I really like the look of this part, and everyone knows we all want drivers, but I think the spokes seem a bit thin and may (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

(...) You could strategically place roof details like chimneys, air vents and the like to cover the holes and cutouts for a flat roof. The other good thing about the train plates is that you could remove the whole floor section easily. The downside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I suspect that you have to do the same explaining when someone comments on the gorgeous monorails that many clubs use in their layouts... "Oh that? It is a bunch of monorail set and parts from the lat 80's - but Lego no longer produces them..." (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

Ben, Great work here - this is simply gorgeous. -- Bryan "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message news:HnHCu2.1BBt@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: multi club show offer

Thanks for the invitation! To save you IndyLUGers some time, here's some info I picked up from the Cantigny Park web site: "Cantigny is located in Wheaton, Illinois, a western Chicago suburb, approximately three miles north of Interstate 88." (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) This is something i have spent hours working out (in my mind) as I walk the dog every night! My conclusions end up lookin pretty much the same as yours (...) Yes (...) yes (...) How did you reach this? (...) yes (...) do you mean the gap (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) That's the one! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) J1 and all, I've just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC's first place finish at GATS. (URL) J1's post-show wrapup (URL) and 'read me' pretty much sums up everything. Enjoy! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I want houses/apt./hotels, stores & schools for town: ARCHITECTURE! Jeff (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  multi club show offer

Everyone - I'd like to invite you to display at a new LEGO show coming up the weekend of December 6-7th in Winfield, IL at Cantigny Park (www.cantignypark.com). Last year, the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club displayed for this show, alongside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.scibrick) !

  sets in 2004? Wish List

So I've been eagerly anticipating the 2004 releases and I have no idea what to expect. How far has lego come with their anit-juniorization? What will become of Town? And what new or returning theme do you wan to see? Yikes I'm dying to see some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) -some more comments- Not all loco's got it right- the AAR formula used for a period of time to devise counterweight weight was out to lunch- IIRC, the Florida East Coast suffered this badly with some 4-8-4's. Counterweighting and ballancing (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact