 Trains / *19915 (-10)
  Re: How's this for an idea ...

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) VLC did this for the first time last weekend, and the kids loved it. We'll make it a little easier next time, though, there were some things on there (eg the water cooler) that many kids didn't even know (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Kindergardeners help out the NGLTC

To day local kindergarteners helped out the North Georgia LEGO Train Club by making ornaments to decorate our tree at this years Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's Festival of Trees. The children are students at Matt Elementary school in Forsyth (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How's this for an idea ...

(...) We find that people will spend quite a bit of time looking for everything on the list and will ask about things they can't find. The kids are especially excited to find Spiderman or Yoda. We also put some extra things on just for ourselves! (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How's this for an idea ...

(...) Search and find in other ways as well: (URL) J-3 talks about his incorporation of a dragon head into the side of (you guessed it) Dragon Mountain... (J-3 to a tot: "Do you know *why* we call it "Dragon Mountain"?)-- just another fun little (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Scales and Gauges (was Shay #5

(...) Well, yes, saying merely "G" certainly opens up a can of worms since, as you mentioned, many scales utilize gauge 1 track. Scaling at 1:24 would simulate 30" I believe. But your point illustrates that, while there is much precision among some (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How's this for an idea ...

(...) What is that one? Shaun makes a Guinness vanish? :-) Oh, you said TRUCK, not trick.... the #4 item threw me off a bit, what can I say? It should be noted that MichLTC has done these lists, for fun, the last couple of shows. We print them on (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) 3 (...) Now I'm nitpicking :-).... there is one good fit for 3 feet, which is TTN3 using the Brit scale for TT of 3mm to the foot: N gauge 9mm track fits perfectly. I used to build Isle of Man Railway to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scales and Gauges (was Shay #5

(...) Noted and apology accepted. However for ME to know what you're talking about, it's first required for YOU to know what you're talking about. And that's a leap of faith I am not prepared to take without some supporting evidence. :-) (1) Next (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

Again great layout guys! So much don't know where to start. I love that the base layout was created and now you guys are detailing. There's a lot of mileage in that approach. And the San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRM) in San Diego’s Balboa Park (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Scales and Gauges (was Shay #5

G uses O, O uses HO, and HO uses N, (...) gauge). G uses what? G in this context is of metre gauge anyway...gauge 1 uses O (SM32), but not for 3' gauge. G is #3 scale, on #1 scale track (or 1/2" to the foot on 1.75" gauge...)-at least, that is what (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact