 Trains / *13569 (-20)
  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) (these were stickers) (...) I think you got them all, except Steve R was using white paint dots I thought. Scott, I am very sorry but that means you can only use Pink. :-) Or yellow, or green... Do we have to worry about what other clubs do? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Switch Track Modification - A better way!

(...) My compliments! I've been a big advocate for opening the switches and modifying them for a while. Your method, however, is faster and less hassle than mine (l). I certainly wouldn't mind the "scar" - it's on the bottom. For those who are (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) Isn't the Disneyland sub ride also a monorail? Paul Sinasohn (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Can you comment on what ideas on the new sets were borrowed from the MOC's that you (all of you) brought? I noticed that the Caboose and the Coach are the first train cars to feature town doors. Not really a new idea, but our MOC's started (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) We don't use the term tram for anything at all in the US, IIRC. The conveyance Josh is referring to runs down Quincy hill from the Quincy Mine to the MTU classroom mine (yes, it's a mine that has classrooms and labs where you get to drill in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Reed sensors are not working very well (or too well?)

[I'm cross posting this to trains just in case anyone has a idea or fix.] I've finished the reed sensors for the Trolley line. Work fantastically! I've also finished the reed sensor for the Hogwarts. Not so good. In my tests I used a single car to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Video up!

(...) Just checked and the rtlToronto Train1 video is still online: (URL) well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Congratulations, Larry

Larry & All, I just saw the Mania magazine last night, and saw Larry in there. It was pretty neat, even MTLC was mentioned! : ) I am glad they have included some of the train clubs, I know I am excited about it! Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Video up!

(...) Yeah, best band on Earth.... (...) No problem. I have said it before, but wow! that mountain was cool! (...) I have a standard sized Sony Handycam that I strapped to a LEGO Flatcar. Nothing special really. Seemed to work fine, except that it (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch Track Modification - A better way!

I should have titled this thread as "Switch Track Modification (for those of us that DO, A better way!)" For myself, my points are automated and I can't allow the point to stall the motor or blow the switch apart after x switches. The switch must be (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Video up!

(...) Cool video. Are you a U2 fan too? I love the tunnel and on-train footage. And you give a good overview of the mountain that I couldn't get from photos alone. Thanks for posting that. What camera did you use for the on-train footage? One of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Ok, let's see if I can list all the types Boston has (I am including some types Sydney certainly has): subway light rail (both above and underground) (subway and light rail above ground run both on dedicated right of way and in the median) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) Neat. Did you know that monorail submarines actually exist? (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Ah, I live in Upper Michigan. Josh (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) I'm not Larry (insert your own comment here!), but I'll toss out an answer anyway: I don't know if Jorn designed the all the MOT sets, but I'll bet he did. He has been pretty much the *only* train designer for several years. It was fun to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch Track Modification - A better way!

(...) I posted some links on this topic just yesterday in another thread. (URL) well. Tim Strutt 8^) ParLUGment #2 (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

Larry, You mentioned in the Train Summit thread ( (URL) ) that the lead Lego Train Designer, Jorn Kristian Thomsen, was in attendance. Are the new My Own Trains his work? Bryan "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

Hi Carl I have a funky submarine monorail :) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  10001 Changes (was: Re: August Surprise...)

Getting back to a 11day old question with some info and some speculation: (...) While talking about the changes in the 10000 Guarded Inn, the impression I got was that he considered those changes as less than minor. So I'm expecting the Metroliner (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) I used to live in La Crosse, Wisconsin. (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact