 Trains / *13444 (-10)
  Opinion Page at LEGO.com (I post at request of Ondrew; roj2323@yahoo.com)

I received the following request to inform you all of an opinion section at lego.com. later, James Mathis Below is the email I received: Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:18:00 -0700 (PDT) From: ronald hartigan <roj2323@yahoo.com> To: thakius@nmt.edu (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO® Train Philosophy

During my first year of being a LUGNET member, I have noticed that people usually take one of two approaches when building their train MOC's. Either they are as realistic as possible, or they are representational. Realising that you can only include (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility?

(...) There is a very slight difference in the overall diameter of the 4.5V wheels versus the 9V wheels.-Harvey (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility?

(...) LEGO trains have a high degree of compatibility. The only real source of incompatibility is the electrical items. This means for example that 9V and 12V track and motors are incompatible, and neither will run on 4.5V track (though 4.5V and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility?

(...) Dave,It's all the same. (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility?

Dave & All, (...) I don't see it as being different at all, it is still 9V track, and all those new cars are 9V compatible too. The Metroliner started the 9V! : ) Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train compatibility?

I have a question for all you train folks: Will the metroliner tracks be compatible with trains in the catalogs now? Are the the same voltage? I want to get the metroliner, but it might be a pain to have two different kinds of track. -Dave (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) You are so correct. I have thought of how to achieve this pendular effect ever since Eric Brok showcased a working solution with modified Metroliner. So, that's been a few years! Simple: Well, even sometimes the realized solution is not (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D.C. Metrorail Car

(...) applicable to a very many passenger train wagons. This angled side wall is unique to several sets that I have worked on: Amtrak Acela, British Rail APT, maybe the Italian Cis Alpino. I'm sure there are many more!! Congratulations on showcasing (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: request for information

Christopher Tracey wrote in message <3B5C2593.3EE9C5C4@e...eb.org>... (...) The VLC (Vancouver Lego Club) layout won People's Choice at the Trains 2000 show in Vancouver, Nov 2000. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact