 Trains / *13239 (-20)
  Re: Who made this?

(...) I ran across this MOC a few months ago, and learned a little about it, I'm sure we'll here more when she comes across this. I'll tell you that it's modeled after an Amtrak P42 (also known as an AMD103, but the P40 is also an AMD103, the P42 is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Church

What, so now the progression is: 2-wide "live steamers" 4-wide coal cars 6-wide trains 8-wide trains 14-wide trains 80-wide trains!!?! That's a little oversized, even for Mr. Neal! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who made this?

That would be the work of Robin Werner of the GFLTC. I happened to have seen it in person last Spring at one of their shows. It is indeed a terrific MOC; I'll let Rob elaborate:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

"Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:3B546E3E.2A6B93...ane.edu... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) black (...) easier to (...) There are four in the large Soccer grand stand ((URL) are two in the 1352 Temple of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

"steve" <sp_888@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GGMMnn.1uo@lugnet.com... (...) there (...) pictures (...) detail (...) The third one ((URL) is very similar to a car I built for my Black and White Metroliner clone. My version is on the left end of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Who made this?

This looks awesome - are there any more pictures of this anywhere? Hats off to whoever made this model. (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Heh. Well, all I can say is that I've been overwhelmingly delighted with MegaBloks sets over the past five years, and overwhelmingly disappointed with LEGO during that same time frame (with the notable and commendable exceptions of some of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

Ben, I can't disagree with you more. I think rereleasing "legendary" sets is a great idea. I just don't agree with the ones that Lego has chosen. I hope that one day, as per Ole's vision, that a person will be able to go online and pick ANY Lego (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) Nothing wrong with an anti-clone statement here. After all, this is the LEGO® Users Group Network. I woundn't expect a Republican to campaign at a Democrat convention anyway (to cite a parallel) Clone bricks are the ENEMY here, they undermine (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A nice summer surprise

(...) -Harvey My collection has a (very) few megabloks :-( They're still white and I know why. *WARNING: ANTI-CLONE STATEMENT* Even the dirt and dust won't touch it :) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Hey, where do you plan on getting all those sliding gray doors, and the black and gray rail pieces? Have I missed something lately? Are those parts easier to come by than I remember? Chris (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Great sets! I think that paying $80 for each would be fair, considering the expense of parts and the labor in stickers,design,pack...ct.-Harvey (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

I wish to thank everyone for their support and comments. It looks like there is enough interest and encouragement to proceed. Preview of the kits are at (URL) The prototype pictures do not show the application of the stripe stickers. They also (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGMH36.4qo@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I havent sold any of mine. But then they are all played with I did buy a MISB set for £70 (including a MISB transformer too) not long ago, and promptly (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Yes. I've got the "large" part down already, see any recent pic of me... (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: US Lug Event

John Neal wrote in message ... (...) very (...) can't (...) I think that Brickfest has been de facto a national event because so far it has been the *only* event of its kind. Once regional fests of the same type exist, Brickfest may either grow into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

I don't understand how re-releasing these sets is bad for anyone. If you're a collector, you'll want the original set with its original box. The Legends packaging is distinctly different from the original packaging. Also, many Lego pieces are (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.

(...) I have never owned one which had its box, so I was not aware of that! I had a MISB one once, but I sold it. I have now sold/traded all my Metroliners and Clubcars as they were just too expensive to justify the amount required to get a decent (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

"The pics are in the context of an article about train clubs." Well, another way of looking at it is that the quote is in the context of a PNLTC photo montage ;D SteveB PS BTW Lar, does this mean we have to make you an at large member after all? (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) However Brad made it quite clear: "on 7 of 8 calls we listened to, you can hear the kid in the background directing the parent". Those sales are FOR kids, no matter whose money is being spent. While I question the 7 of 8 calls (Mike pointed (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact