 Trains / *13229 (-20)
  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Hey, where do you plan on getting all those sliding gray doors, and the black and gray rail pieces? Have I missed something lately? Are those parts easier to come by than I remember? Chris (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) Great sets! I think that paying $80 for each would be fair, considering the expense of parts and the labor in stickers,design,pack...ct.-Harvey (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

I wish to thank everyone for their support and comments. It looks like there is enough interest and encouragement to proceed. Preview of the kits are at (URL) The prototype pictures do not show the application of the stripe stickers. They also (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGMH36.4qo@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I havent sold any of mine. But then they are all played with I did buy a MISB set for £70 (including a MISB transformer too) not long ago, and promptly (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Yes. I've got the "large" part down already, see any recent pic of me... (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: US Lug Event

John Neal wrote in message ... (...) very (...) can't (...) I think that Brickfest has been de facto a national event because so far it has been the *only* event of its kind. Once regional fests of the same type exist, Brickfest may either grow into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

I don't understand how re-releasing these sets is bad for anyone. If you're a collector, you'll want the original set with its original box. The Legends packaging is distinctly different from the original packaging. Also, many Lego pieces are (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.

(...) I have never owned one which had its box, so I was not aware of that! I had a MISB one once, but I sold it. I have now sold/traded all my Metroliners and Clubcars as they were just too expensive to justify the amount required to get a decent (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

"The pics are in the context of an article about train clubs." Well, another way of looking at it is that the quote is in the context of a PNLTC photo montage ;D SteveB PS BTW Lar, does this mean we have to make you an at large member after all? (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) However Brad made it quite clear: "on 7 of 8 calls we listened to, you can hear the kid in the background directing the parent". Those sales are FOR kids, no matter whose money is being spent. While I question the 7 of 8 calls (Mike pointed (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

I thought Lego was a company that makes toys, to be played with. Trading cards are made to be collected, not to be used as drink coasters. If a Lego set is in demand, then Lego will make more of that set because to them it indicates that the sets (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

Sounds like a good idea. It is hard to tell what the demand will be without seeing them or knowing the price. When do you plan to share them with us? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

I'd probably be interested in all of them, as I was working on a 25-car Metroliner (I'd split it into 2 trains normally), and wanted a variety of cars. Depending on the design, I'd probably pay up to $40. And if you could leave out some bricks for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in Metroliner add on cars/wagons?

(...) I myself having bought the excellent three-pack Bricworx Coach set, might just give your kits a try too. -Harvey (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

steve wrote in message ... (...) But (...) in (...) sleeper (...) I probably wouldn't buy one myself (being one who likes to roll his own -) ) but I think the re-release of the Metroliner will make the market for add-on cars much better. Go for it, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Would it be possible for someone to scan in these instructions? (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Good point. Brad only talked about how it was kids "directing" their parents to buy, shortly after the context of juniorized sets. I don't have a problem adjusting to being in a minority, because we've been coddled lately. LUGNET however has (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

(...) Ommygoodness I can't believe I forgot to mention this! A copy of this mag and the next bionicle comic were given out to a few folks and I got a copy. The pics are in the context of an article about train clubs. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) That proves that more sales are generated by the catalog than by people reading lugnet. It *doesn't* say anything about the people making those purchases. Who knows whether it's parents, kids or AFOLs placing the orders? (...) Exactly. The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  July-Aug Mania mag features PNLTC, Guarded Inn Special Offer, more.

My cat, who was put down in December, has evidently once again been one of the first to receive her Mania Magazine. Some points of interest: A whole page of pics of layouts from the PNLTC (hence x-post to trains) Guarded Inn is on the back cover as (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact