 Town / 9930
Re: Heddal Stavechurch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:09:27 GMT

On 2007-10-05, Ludo Soete ludo.soete@village.uunet.be wrote:
   The reason i chose for tan is that i thought it would be easier to find the pieces in large quantities. There are between 1300 and 1500 tan bricks 1x4 log used. Also, if you take a look around the different pictures you can find on the internet, depending on the lighting, there’s a large difference in color too, going from a kind of tan to brown. I was there for the last time some 14 years ago. I visited it twice, and when i look to the picture i took abouth 20 years ago, then i see a light brown color, where the tan matches better than the old or reddish brown. The old brown is too dark for this model, while the reddish brown isn’t perhaps that easy to find.

If you ask me, I think tan was a very good choice. Personally, I had plans on doing another stave church (the one in Gol) and had the same dilemma - old brown seemed to be too dark, new too reddish, black too...black :) We shall see... it is the maybe-TODO-list :)

Cheers, Matija