 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4042
4041  |  4043
Subject:
Heddal Stavechurch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:54:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

Originaly i didn’t crosspost it to these locations, only to Architecture.

I uploaded some pictures of my latest building, build after the Stavechurch of Heddal - Notodden - Norway, located at abouth 60 km West of Oslo. The original church is from around 1250 and there’s still 30% of the original wood in this building. Not one nail is used to fix the whole building.

To remain a minimum of ‘arches’ in the gallery, is it a bit larger build than minifig scale. Otherwise i needed to modify a lot of bricks, something i don’t like to do. For a picture of the real church, i recommend a Google picture surch with the name ‘Heddal’ in the textbox.

The model is build after pictures and plans of the original church from 1953 - 1954. I would like to thank the Norwegian “Riksantikvaren” (Cultural Heritage) for sending me a copy of the plans. http://www.riksantikvaren.no/English/

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Ludo Soete