 Town / 9831
Re: Five more vehicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:34:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tom Bozzo wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I’m not very keen on the use of the new window arches on the four-wide cars. I think your similar earlier designs using the classic mudguard plate look much nicer and more realistic.

I agree in general -- esp. w/r/t the official 4-wide cars -- but not with respect to Pierre’s Element. The real thing has fairly pronounced circular wheel arches, and the arch piece more closely ties the model to the (not exactly handsome IMHO) real thing.

I took a look at the Element and I sure enough agree... I just realised too that I called the parts ‘window arches’... I guess that shows what I think they’re for ;) --snip--

   Tom

Tim