 Town / 9773
    Re: Module idea for new layout section —John Neal
   (...) It sounds like a simple thing, but doing it is another thing entirely. Our solution at the NMRA wasn't ideal by any metric, and our ping-ponging effect at our last show was even more of a bust (different solution). Ross will be working on (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Module idea for new layout section —Jason J Railton
   (...) This is how mine works. The controller uses a motor-driven polarity switch and runs off the same controller power as the train. (2 URLs) Click> I modified the track to fit a diode. You could do it without too much modification though: put a (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Module idea for new layout section —John Neal
   (...) Aha, well, that looks very nice. Ross' approach was always assuming non-modification, using the RCX and available sensors. He might even use our new NXT if it helps him any over using the RCX. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Module idea for new layout section —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Same here. I can put two or more plastic bricks together, but this is way over my head, along with any solution I am sure. I am quite thinking I'll be flying the Neal posse to NYC to (help me) set up mine. (...) Absolutely. Thanks very much, (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Module idea for new layout section —John Neal
   (...) Hey, you'll save a lot of money if you only pay to have Ross come-- I'm dead weight! (maybe good for a laugh or two:-) (...) PFFF...FFFTTTTT! ===...=== (wiping off monitor) You crack me up, Jonathan! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)