 Town / 9330
Re: Evolution of garbage (truck)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:42:14 GMT

In lugnet.town, Michael Harrod wrote:

   Sadly, I think the traditional garbage truck, and, moreover, the “garbage man” (woman, though you don’t see that many) may actually be in danger of extinction.

Not if I can help it. In our community, we have a choice of refuse collectors, and instead of choosing Waste Management, we use a local, family business. The owner’s son picks up our garbage in a modified pick-up truck:-)

I would even be willing to pay a little more for this service, but they charge the same, and so it is a no-brainer.

JOHN