 Town / 9177
Re: Wheelie Pop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ted Godwin wrote:
   That is really cool!

As the father of a four-year old who rides those sorts of things however I have to point out that kiddie rides would never do a wheelie like that. :)

Yeah, I have a 6 and 3 year old and the 3 year old would get launched 20 feet if one of those rides did a wheelie with scale force. I started with the generic bikes going around in a circle but I needed a little more of a challenge and my son actually has ridden a similar ride that does do a Wheelie, admittedly with a lot less force and not quite so extreme an angle.

Anyway my kids run this ride ragged, my daughter is constantly changing out the figs and I just cringe when they go to turn it on because starting it in reverse can be quite ugly. Now of course they are asking for more as they have never seen me do anything like it before. The only thing I have ever built that moved before was a train. We’ll see if I do another one, this one took me quite a while to work out all the kinks.

-Eric