 Town / 8731
  Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

Hello, This is my 2nd town contest entry: The Carriage House. (URL) Based on a bar/restaraunt on 18th street between 6th and 7th in NYC. There are a row of 3 or 4 of these type of buildings, in different colors, on that block. I'd love the parts to (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) Nicely done, Jonathan. Impressive as it is from the front, I would like to see some pics from an angle in order to better appreciate your texturing of the facade. And how about some pics in natural lighting? It does wonders to improve the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) Thanks, John. I have put a couple of angle shots in the folder here: (URL) You're right, the angles give it a better presentation. For this building, I don't think I'd be able to get any pictures in natural light. It is in the middle of my (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) Yes, but I'm also talking about angles from below, not above. It is almost universal that AFOLs photograph their MOCs from above, which is okay, but if one is trying to convey elements of realism, then there should be pics from a minifig (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) This is excellent feedback, John. Thanks! My main goal is realism and your method and reasoning will add to what I want to accomplish. I think I am a pretty good builder and don't want my pictures to detract from the actual creation...I want (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

--SNIP-- (...) Hey!!! Some contestants already have. You don't get more minifig eye than (URL). ;) Tim (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) Crikey! I can barely tell what I'm looking at:-) You bring up a good point, though. Is there a single place where all of the entries can be viewed? Jonathan mentions that his Carriage House is his second entry.... I seemed to have missed the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) It's the escalators down. That's one big advantage of CAD, you can go places no decent camera can reach. (...) I think his first was in the collapsed portion of Lugnet and is probably disconnected from everything. I agree with you though, it (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Carriage House --2nd town contest entry

(...) Sorry for the late reply. I am off line on the weekends. . . This was my previous submission: (URL) It suffers from the same (lack of) picture taking technique, unfortunately. I think there was a link that was suggested to be for the entries, (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)