 Town / 8641
Re: a town structure contest!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 02:06:35 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ludo Soete wrote:
In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
I believe I have covered just about everything but since there is always someone
with an opinion or an interesting idea I am posting this a few days early. If
the rules or something else needs to be tweaked, please let me know before
January 5th.
Thank you and happy new year!

Hey all,
    I would like to run a town structure contest.

Is this valid for every country around the world, or only for US residents?

totaly, the world is welcome to join in the fun.

This is partly because there
has been a shortage of town moc's on lugnet lately (1), and personally I think
it would be a great way to spark some new ideas for the community.  The rules
are purposely simple and I’m providing some of the prizes.  Here’s what I’m
thinking:

A town structure is a building, any building. Everything from a town hall to a
train station would work.  I have used the word “structure” instead of
“building” because I thought it would be strange to have a building building
contest (2). =)

Rules
1.  Time limit -  2 months    Jan 5th – march 5th
2.  Under 5 stories tall
3.  If your submission is a render, all parts must be available “in sets or on
bricklink” and it should be build able.
4.  a small group of buildings is ok by me as long as they’re related

suggestions ß not requirements
1.  The “suggested” scale is 1 stud per foot 1.2ft per brick/3plates
2.  Your model or models should use realistic colors. I.E. a blue building with
yellow trim is probably unrealistic.

Please add metric dimensions too, not only imperial size.

here's a cool link that will help you convert
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

lego scale converter
http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/scale.cgi/
enjoy,