 Town / 8597
Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:00:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Adrian Egli wrote:

   But looking over other photos in the folder, I caught sight of some offerings I really like esp. the trees in the lower left (kinda look like trees in my neighborhood):

(“thumbed” the pic above)

Do you have some more up close photos of these?

No, Adrian, that’s about as close as I got to those and, unfortunately, those trees gave their lives to help produce the new ones;-) Fortunately, though, those trees are quite easy to recreate-- they are merely the large leaf elements strung together (at the long) on a piece of flex tubing with 1x1 bricks for the trunks. Then you just arrange the leafs around the axis for a random pattern. To get a tampering effect, string a leaf through the middle instead of on one of the ends.

I look forward to some foliated bridge scenes in ‘06:-d

JOHN