 Town / 8022
Re: 1900s Downtown hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:53:19 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Trobaugh wrote:
   After the disaster that many of my buildings suffered on the way to Brickfest 2004 I’m having to build new town buildings for the NGLTC layout. This is the first of my newest buildings. It is modeled loosely after the Atlanta Winecoff Hotel.

Unfortunatly in 1946 119 people lost their lives in the worst hotel disaster in the United States when Atlanta’s Winecoff Hotel burned. The hotel had 15 stories, but Atlanta fire-fighting equipment could not handle any building taller than 8 stories.

So to prevent a simliar fate I’m adding fire escapes to my building and I plan on building some larger fire equipment as well.

jt

James, Jim, Jimbo or John,

Just don’t call you late for supper:)

That is one great looking green building! The 1 x 1 plates with the stud in at a 45 deg is a cool idea. Pack’um better for the next road trip, I would like to see them built:)

See Ya,
Robin W
GFLTC