 Town / 8021
Re: 1900s Downtown hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:47:19 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Trobaugh wrote:
   After the disaster that many of my buildings suffered on the way to Brickfest 2004 I’m having to build new town buildings for the NGLTC layout. This is the first of my newest buildings. It is modeled loosely after the Atlanta Winecoff Hotel.

Unfortunatly in 1946 119 people lost their lives in the worst hotel disaster in the United States when Atlanta’s Winecoff Hotel burned. The hotel had 15 stories, but Atlanta fire-fighting equipment could not handle any building taller than 8 stories.

So to prevent a simliar fate I’m adding fire escapes to my building and I plan on building some larger fire equipment as well.
Very nice building john.Great use of the color green for a building and nice use using the clear slope 45’s reversed for the windows. As for fire safty just install fire sprinklers(There has never been a multi death in a building 100% sprinklered) and you won’t have to build new fire fighting equipment :-) Chris (member of local 704 Fire Sprinklers)