 Town / 7792
Re: Library Scenes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:51:24 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jeff Blaisdell wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   After seeing the great library-themed creations from Bruce Hietbrink and Lenny Hoffman, I was motivated to take pictures of a couple of MOCs based on scenes from the library where I work:

I’d love to know what you think (especially any fellow library workers out there), and I hope to see some more library-themed MOCs!

Marc Nelson Jr.

These look great.

Thanks for your feedback!

   But one problem the books are all the same size, in a real library that would never happen.

Depends on what part of the library you’re in. Let’s assume the page is in hardcover fiction... yeah, that’s the ticket. And, um, my coworker and I are only scanning the paperbacks. Yup.

Seriously, you make a good point. I used only 1x1s on the circ desk because 1x2s looked too big, while I used only 1x2s in the page scene so they would stay better attached - the “books” are only attached at one stud.

   Don’t know about your library but we get yelled at for bringing a chair to the circ desk, heck we get yelled at for having books on the counter and shelves behind the circ desk.

Jeez. Our chair stays warm all day. I’m at a pretty small branch, so we actually get a chance to sit for more than two minutes, but even the bigger, busier branches have chairs at circ.

Can I ask where you work?

Marc Nelson Jr.