 Town / 7639
Re: Beechcraft Starship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:12:14 GMT

In lugnet.town, Chris Paton wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek wrote: Your comments have been helpful, thanks.

You’re quite welcome. I hope you choose to post some post modification pics too... it will be interesting to see if all the changes actually helped or if some detracted... :-)

   I think Scaled Composites and both Dick and Burt Rutan’s contribution to aviation is very interesting and inspiring. The Starship story ( Beechcraft/Raytheon) is a little sad as I don’t think this aircraft will fly all that much anymore.

Raytheon seems to be actively trying to get the aircraft out of service by buying out the owners so ya, probably not, and I find it sad too. It sort of reminds me of what Porsche is trying to do with the Porsche/Mooney... they want those engines out of circulation so they’re re-engining all of them. But then, the original purchase contract in that case said that they could do that.