 Town / 7573
MOC: Statue of Liberty Pedestal for set 3450
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 04:31:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I always wanted a Pedestal for the excellent 3450 Statue of Liberty model, and
with the help of many BrickLink sellers, I was finally able to finish a version
I had been planning for a while:

There were no CAD or other computer models used in the design. I used a
freehand sketch on one sheet of paper, a newspaper picture, and the pictures
from pages 42-43 of the DK Ultimate Lego Book showing the Miniland scale
pedestal.

Therefore, it may not be perfectly to scale, but to the casual eye, I think it
looks very close. Given some of the constraints with brick sizes, availability
in tan, etc. especially in this small scale, I'm quite happy with the outcome.

I'll post a piece count/inventory when I get a chance. I kept track of the
BrickLink purchases and the additional parts from my own inventory (mainly used
for internal structural support).

I hope you enjoy the model as much as I enjoyed building it!

Mark Chan