 Town / 7232
Re: Brickshelf MOCs page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Whoa, John! Fancy-schmancy library!

I like it a lot. The "curls" around the lion heads are particularly nice:

What does strike me though, is that whereas usually it takes some work to
add *enough* detail to a plain-walled building to make it look interesting,
you have so little wall-to-detail that you almost have the opposite problem!
There isn't quite enough plain wall to set off the details properly. Of
course there are real buildings like that, too! You might find that just an
extra stud or two in height, or between doors and windows, or even a whole
extra floor (to balance the beautifully elaborate cornice), would make it
look even better.

More! I want to see more! :-)

Kevin

Thanks for the comments on the library. Actually, the library was more of a test
building, as I plan on building a large courthouse using the library 'format'
for the most part, with some different column heads, 2 floors at least, etc.
I'll keep your suggestion in mind as I build the courthouse - maybe put another
row of bricks between the window top and the start of the next floor,
  John