 Town / 7222
Re: Need Your Opinion, Town Folks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:49:50 GMT

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:59:58 GMT, Pat Hough <houghpt@yahoo.com> wrote:

Of the following, which do you prefer? At the same time, how can the
streetlight
MOC you like best be improved? Can elements from the four be combined to
make a
better streetlamp?

#1: More angular, half-spherical transparent yellow brick

#2: Less angular, half-spherical transparent yellow brick

#3: More angular, eight 1x1 transparent neon yellow plates

#4: Less angular, eight 1x1 transparent neon yellow plates

The first one looks most natural to me, although none of them look much
like UK lamp posts.

And fire hydrants. I'm quite sure, given the simplicity of the design,
that
someone has already thrown the elements in each of these pictures
together. What
I want to know is, which is more realistic, high or low? Minifig posed
for your
comparison.

#1: Chest-high hydrant

#2: Thigh-high hydrant

The chest-high one definately looks better, however the scale is rather
off. Unless it looks out of place, I'd go with it.

I want to start working on traffic lights within days, so I could really
use
some good tips from you experts. And where can I find some good pictures
of shop
MOCs featuring striped canopies? I have the elements (1x3 slopes of
various
colors) but would like a good visual reference. Post your links and
anything
else you can think of concerning practical necessities for a city
street, and
lend me a hand, please!

My sincerest thanks,

Pat Hough