 Town / 7220
7219  |  7221
Subject:
Need Your Opinion, Town Folks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:59:58 GMT

TexLUG is holding their 2004 Spring Meet in two weeks.

That said, I have been running amok, busy on BrickLink and trying to piece
together some city-like objects.

I would like you (that's you) to look at each of these small MOCs and give me
your appraisal.

My department has always been Classic Space. So the humble submissions which I'm
offering for perusal may not meet the AFOL city standard, as I am a little out
of my league here.

For example, streetlights. I've constructed the following four different
lamp-posts and my goal is some semblance of realism.

Of the following, which do you prefer? At the same time, how can the streetlight
MOC you like best be improved? Can elements from the four be combined to make a
better streetlamp?

#1: More angular, half-spherical transparent yellow brick

#2: Less angular, half-spherical transparent yellow brick

#3: More angular, eight 1x1 transparent neon yellow plates

#4: Less angular, eight 1x1 transparent neon yellow plates

And fire hydrants. I'm quite sure, given the simplicity of the design, that
someone has already thrown the elements in each of these pictures together. What
I want to know is, which is more realistic, high or low? Minifig posed for your
comparison.

#1: Chest-high hydrant

#2: Thigh-high hydrant

I want to start working on traffic lights within days, so I could really use
some good tips from you experts. And where can I find some good pictures of shop
MOCs featuring striped canopies? I have the elements (1x3 slopes of various
colors) but would like a good visual reference. Post your links and anything
else you can think of concerning practical necessities for a city street, and
lend me a hand, please!

My sincerest thanks,

Pat Hough