 Town / 70
69  |  71
Subject:
New Extreme Team Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:44:32 GMT

I recently found at a store near me the following two Extreme Team
sets. They don't seem to be in any of my S&H catalogs that I have, nor
are they in the regular LEGO catalogs that come with new sets. I have
thought that perhaps these are some type of promo or Europe only sets,
but this is only speculation on my part.

1088 - Road Burner - 25 parts
This is a small black race car with a yellow underbody and front wing.
This is a "full size" race car, not a go-cart like the LEGO polybag.
The rear wing is attached with a 1x2 hinged element. There is no
minifig included in this set.

1068 - Air Patrol - 19 parts
This is a small gyrocopter in red and black. There is a main rotor
assembly, and a small propeller that faces rearward. This set seems
alot simpler then the other one, although it does include a minifig.
He's dressed in a blue jumpsuit with "oil" and Octan symbol logos.

I'm not a big Extreme Team fan, in fact, these are the first two
Extreme Team sets I've purchased. The store is a discount drug store,
and the sets just seem really out of place there. I'm just curious if
anyone knows the origins of these two sets.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.