 Town / 6667
Re: New MOC: Miniland-scale convertible VW Beetle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:52:03 GMT

Bruce:

   They make the radars and antennas in clear now; did you opt for white so as to alleviate any possible distraction with the interior construction?

Actually, I don’t have any in clear, so white was my only choice. :) I was also afraid that anything translucent wouldn’t show up very well. Although I like Sven’s suggestion of chrome; I have a few of those and might try them out to see how they look...

   My only complaint is the wheels, but I understand there’s not much you can do at that scale. Awesome job. Keep it up.

Yes, i certainly agree. There’s a small $15 racers set that has wheels slightly larger ... about a 5 stud radius, they look like this:
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/thumbs/44293c01.jpg .

The wheels that I used are just under 4 studs.
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/thumbs/x142.jpg

I may go out and buy that racers set to see how well the wheels fare.

Sean