 Town / 6660
Re: New MOC: Miniland-scale convertible VW Beetle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 05:41:13 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Sean Kenney wrote:
   Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since my last post, but I just finished up a model of a 1:20 scale VW Beetle convertible.

Some of you may have seen earlier pictures that I published last month when I’d started the model... The story is that I was on vacation and had an itch to build. So I got two Yoda sets, dumped them out in my friend’s living room while she was at work, and built this! Now that I’ve returned home from vacation (and have my LEGO collection in front of me) I’ve finally been able to finish it up by adding the other details that weren’t possible with the pieces in the Yoda set.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Sean

Sean,
Great representation of the beetle. The sculpting of the plates and the SNOT really works well.
They make the radars and antennas in clear now; did you opt for white so as to alleviate any possible distraction with the interior construction?
My only complaint is the wheels, but I understand there’s not much you can do at that scale.
Awesome job. Keep it up.

   (Bruce)

LEGO @ Bruce’s Homepage