 Town / 6602
Re: The PizzaBunker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:34:37 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Justin Pratt wrote:
   Stuck in a war zone, alien invasion or zombie infestation and have a hankering for some great pepperoni pizza? Just call the Pizzabunker and have Combat Pizza Delivery bring it to you!

The Pizzabunker is situated in a fairly rough neighborhood, but the staff is well prepared, unlike some people who think the Pizzabunker is an easy mark. You can call in for delivery or show up for some take-out! Menu toppings include pepperoni, sausage, anchovies and depleted uranium. (Every 100th customer receives a FREE complementary kevlar vest! Offer good while supplies last.)

(The Pizzabunker is not liable for any injuries, deaths or property damage suffered by (or caused by) customers who are in the process of attempting to reach the Pizzabunker.)

Overall thoughts

Wow!! A great twist on a classic LEGO set. I like how you stuck very close to the model, but also adopted it to the theme at hand (in the battlefield).

Bunker Comments

The bunker itself is very good. I like the tan “burm” (the build up of dirt) built below the “pizza joint”. I also like the .50 Cal gun mounted on the roof. A very nice touch.

Not to overly critize, but I think that the set would have looked better if the pizza shop was in brown and green pieces, made in a non-standard pattern to re-create Camoflage. Also a little bit of vegetation or a tree to “cover and conceal” the shack would have added to it.

Perhaps some shatter-proof glass on the front of the shop would also added some realism, and/or have the staff don full battle gear (at least a kevlar helmet and flack vest).

Again not to be critical, a shop that sticking up that high, and built of non concealing white and red would be an instant target of RPG’s and .105 mm artillery fire.

Delivery Track comments

This was another very nicely designed model. Way to adapt the vehicle to the theme at hand. I think the track is very suitable for the battle front. I like the gun mounted on the roof, and the knife ready to be used to kill off charlie (that’s the enemy for you non-combatants).

The only criticism of this, is again the choice of colors. Camoflage would also have been appropriate. The driver should be wearing full battle gear also, and the vehicle should be enlarged to incorporate plate armor all around to ensure the safety of the driver!!

Final Word

Like I said. I liked how you adapted it to the battle-field, very good imagination and orginial thinking. One one hand, I liked how close you stuck with the original model, on the other hand, by sticking too close to it, the battle-field realism was a bit lost.

Thanks for posting it, it made my morning (or should that be afternoon!) :)

Ben