 Town / 6581
Re: Cruisette Travel Trailer and 50s cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:34:42 GMT

In lugnet.town, Stefan Garcia wrote:
Hi all,

Don't often post to .town, but I've finally finished (v1s at least) a few
1950s-style cars.

First is my Travel Trailer (photographed in an authentic campground
setting!). It's based on a 1951 15' Cruisette Travel Trailer by Airstream.
It's got SNOT ends, and even SNOT-tier end windows.  Btw, if anyone has an
idea on how to make a working but really thin door, I'd love to hear it.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Vehicles/Cruisette/mvc-593f.jpg>>

(snip)

Plmkwyt!

-Stefan-

Hi Stefan!

This trailer is very nice!  Excellent work!  You did an amazing job with the
SNOT for the front window!

I may have something for the door.  It's "kind of" a sliding door.  The good
thing is that it keeps the original look when closed.  When open, you can see
the hinge but not that much.  Anyways, you'll see! :-)

Door closed:   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pnorm/Temp/door-closed.jpg

Door open:   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pnorm/Temp/door-open.jpg

I tried it but without the whole trailer so, let me know if it works!  :-)

Pierre