 Town / 6152
Re: That's not a tree, this is a tree...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:39:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:

I wish they did too.  How did you get so many?  I remember the club magazine
had an 'ideas' page one Christmas that suggested making a holly wreath from
leaf pieces, which I though was ridiculous as no-one could have enough.

I have bounght a lot of paradisa sets recently (seaside cabana £1.74 MISB in
my local co-op last year) consequently I also have an also lot of pink
plates and white arches. I also have a tendency to buy them on bricklink
when I see them. I also got 80 of the 4x3 plant leaves off Christian
Krützfeldt, I don't know where he got them all. Plant leaves are one of my
favourite lego elements and I dont have that many maybe 200 of both together.
Really good trees, but here's a tip on the pictures.  You're using the wrong
compressed file format.  Save photographs as '.jpg' or 'JPEG'.  Your images
will be about 1/10 the size they are as '.gif'.  But, don't try converting
the .gif images now.  Take the original pictures and save them as .jpg.
That's probably what they were stored as on the camera anyway.

They started as jpgs of  about 1MB, but they were very large pictures,
thanks for the advice though I will know for next time.

Jason Railton