 Local / United Kingdom / 9071
Re: That's not a tree, this is a tree...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:34:53 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Fiona Dickinson writes:
I have finally posted my first moc (real moc not LDraw) and am using my
Brickshelf file for what is was intended, displaying the brick.
Now if only lego released plant leaves in bulk packs....a whole forest....

I wish they did too.  How did you get so many?  I remember the club magazine
had an 'ideas' page one Christmas that suggested making a holly wreath from
leaf pieces, which I though was ridiculous as no-one could have enough.

Thanks to everyone who saw my tree at the Brickish Association's AGM
(http://www.brickish.org/) and gave me such positive feedback.

I saw that, and didn't know whose it was.  I thought it was great.

Folder Post-Moderation:
Sorry for the poor picture quality but I was trying to keep the file
size down.

Really good trees, but here's a tip on the pictures.  You're using the wrong
compressed file format.  Save photographs as '.jpg' or 'JPEG'.  Your images
will be about 1/10 the size they are as '.gif'.  But, don't try converting
the .gif images now.  Take the original pictures and save them as .jpg.
That's probably what they were stored as on the camera anyway.

As a general rule, use .gif for computer-generated images with crisp lines
and simple areas of perfectly plain colours.  Use .jpg for photographs or
anything with a lot of variation in colour or shade, or that shows noise in
the image.

A .gif will waste space trying to reproduce every little minute speckle in a
picture, whereas a .jpg will just approximate it.
Converesly, a .jpg will smudge a crisp pixel-wide line for the same reason.
If you're unsure, just try both.

Nice trees.

Jason Railton