 Town / 6084
  Formula 1 Cars

Inspired by the running F1 season, I've had a go to make a minifig-sized F1 car. It's turned out a wee bit too large. Here's the result with approximations of teams: Jordan, Ferrari, Jaguar, and Mclaren. (URL) Mathis (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

To scale or not, this is absolutely superb. Thanks for providing the .mpd file. I'm going to build one for myself - in the McLaren colours of course :) Cheers, Allister (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) Allister, Thanks. When I did some of the color schemes for the teams, I am sure I've used colors/pieces that may be unavailable. I am hoping that the red Ferrari and black/white McLaren may use available pieces. Maybe a team Prost blue would (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) I have a real-brick-build of this F1 car in Ferrari red/white. I don't have all the prefered pieces to build per the MLCad design... (URL) Mathis (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) (URL) well, Jacob (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) Thanks. (...) Yeah, mine are a bit too big. Yours, I agree-- a bit too small, but at least you've been able to build several! Maybe we can get a "just right" size eventually? Build well. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) Here's another go at the Formula 1 car at another scale: (URL) Mathis (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

Ooo. I think I like this one better. It seems like a more accurate scale. It's a shame you can't get slick tyres for those wheels. Allister (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) And I think you got the size just right this time. Play well, Jacob -- Houses by Katrine, Caroline and Jacob: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) I am wondering if there is a tire and wheel that is not available in .dat CAD form that would be a better scale and tread pattern. Jack Stone? I think the tires used in v6 are a bit too small, but only slightly. later, James Mathis (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) I wish I hadn't thought of using this train piece! It is so rare! And, then only available in black and red. (...) Thanks. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Formula 1 Cars

(...) I was thinking of using those ones myself, although the tyres are a bit thin. the wheels are in .dat form (unofficial I believe - part no 30285) but the tyres aren't. Allister (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.town)