 Town / 5942
Re: Lego Superhero Comic Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:58:49 GMT

In lugnet.town, Chris Giddens writes:
In lugnet.town, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Tim, is being a jackass an inherited trait or do you learn how to be one to
people as you get older in life?

If ya have this much of a prob... take it to e-mail.

Jason said, "Please check it out and let
me know what you think." in his post.  Well, I did my part and if you and
your Communist attitude do not like my response, so be it.  What Jason and
his friend says goes and that is the bottom line.  You are a lowly insult
tossing peon with no comprehension of what I say and you attack me because
of a few words that I say in a sentence.  Your narrow mindedness is also the
same kind that I see online in the anime and manga chatrooms with the
psuedo-otaku who wish to act like Hitler with their hypocrisy when I spend
most of my time when I am not busy moving or being on LUGNET.

#1 You need to learn to post... it's one thing to say "I don't like the
language in the comic" and another to point out every word and tell them
exactly what to change it to... that's just obnoxiously rude.  It's called
decorum... look it up.

#2  I've never known you to use few words in a sentence.

#3  Is Tim a Communist or a Facist? Ya lost me.

#4  I dare say the one who pics apart every frame of a comic is more narrow
minded.

With that being said, I apologize for not responding sooner, as I am
currently in the process of moving and I am taking care of my grandfather
now.  I have a right to make a product better as well as they do in life.

I'm sorry life seems tough.  I'll pray for you and your grandfather.  Don't
spill your emotional bucket here.  You have a right to be commentator, not
editor.

William, thank you for making things seem less like a foreign language to
Tim.  I guess I should have made things easier but I was going with my heart
and not with a special interest group.  As for your opinion of the comic
series, were there somewhat of a different slant in the series, I would most
certainly agree with you but the material which was presented there said
that there could be some improvement in the series.  Also, grammar, believe
it or not, is important to a series and it makes or breaks a comic series.

What grammar book do you use?

I spoke with my heart and if I am hated for doing so, then so be it.  I grow
weary for being told that I could give an opinion on something and then I am
told that, apparently, I am evil because I choose to think in a way which
seems different from their sort of thought in life.  I will remind you
again, what Jason and his friends say is the bottom line.

Jesse

You probably wouldn't grow weary if you would grow from the experiences you
have.  You aren't evil.  You just gotta learn to communicate without coming
across like a out of tune piano.

I'm sorry, I NEVER post stuff like this, but my friend I note you are a
Christian, and so am I.  You're doing Him no favors.

Chris <><

Well, that is what I was doing, Chris.  I was just being more detailed about
it than most people.  Do you even know what the word decorum means anyway?
At any rate, pertaining to grammatical mistakes, of which there are two or
three, that is the only way that you can be precisely clear on telling
someone the particular mistake.  It is called constructive criticism.  I may
have problems with learning it myself but at least I try to learn it myself
and if everyone else is going to have a problem with it, then so be it, let
them have problems with constructive criticism.  I have done similar
projects, albeit not with LEGO, in the past and I am currently working on
similar projects and I have done so since I was a child...of which Tim is
acting like now.  As for being narrow-minded, I call that statement the pot
calling the kettle black.  I not only have the right but I will use the
right to whatever means necessary to get my viewpoint across and I dare
anyone to stop me.  Also, as the seemingly enlightened LEGO people have so
conveniently forgotten, it is not your comic, either, but the property of
Jason Gross.  You mean well but understand me poorly.

As for being a Christian, I am standing up for what is right by not allowing
people to deceive other people.  If you hate it and, consequentially me, so
be it.  Personally, I think that for those who will take ad hominem
arguments against me in such a manner do not deserve to be here as they will
make a political statement out of the free thoughts and expressions which
come from my mouth.  If I was rude, I would make Jerry Springer and the kids
from South Park convert their faith.  I am, however, trying to be reasonable
here so please do everyone a favor and return the courtesy.

The problem with modern Christianity is that there are too many cheerleaders
and fair-weather believers and not enough warriors who will fight at any
cost for what is right in life.  Maybe I did not go about it the right way
but this is the only way that I know in life.

As for some words, it was not necessarily about language.  My intention was
to suggest a heightened sense of drama to the comic, such as my page 22
suggestion.  There was nothing wrong with what Starfish Head said, he merely
needed some more dramatic emphasis.  A good villian yell when they have been
defeated is always a sign of a good series.  Read any comic series, from the
classic Marvel and DC comics to Image, Malibu and the other new guys and
Japanese manga and it is almost always the same.  The villian gets mad,
yells, and swears revenge, plain and simple.  If you disagree with me, then
your real words were, "Please let me know what you think so that we can make
your life a living hell and that we can make you regret ever having
independent thought from the Collective." instead of letting me share my own
thoughts and expressions.  Also, a commentator DOES GIVE OPINIONS, THOUGHTS,
AND EXPRESSIONS.  A commentator comments on a particular subject and gives
their own ideas, thoughts, and emotions to an event.  Watch anything from
wrestling to the Olympics and you will find that it is true.  Even news
reporters are commentators in some form or fashion.  I did not want to be
harsh but the truth sometimes hurts.  Deal with it or let it deal with you.

As for the comment about the slant, if there was material there which was
slanted towards an older audience, then it should be presented as such but
the majority of the material there was or could very well be targeted
towards a younger audience, thus beginning my frustration with some parts of
the comic.  It needs better balance in this regard.  Again, I have trouble
making myself clearer with people but hopefully you better understand me
this time as opposed to the last time.

Jesse