 Town / 5911
Re: Row Houses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:23:54 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears writes:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/223

In lugnet.town, Ken Koleda writes:
Jason,

You already know how enamored I am with your row houses... so enamored I had
to build some!

That is the biggest compliment you can give.  Thanks.  :D

Mine are slightly different not due to any great need to change your design..
just because it is so easy to vary this design.  perhaps my favorite tiny
feature of mine is the 'glass block' basement windows.  The old yellowed
bricks add some character... (and make a use for old yellowed bricks).

Basement windows are a nice touch.  I had basement windows in mine for a
while, but as these Row Houses are going into another project (one where the
basement windows would be covered) I removed those a while back. You can
sorta see those here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=267016 &

Your glass block basement windows are great though.  Better than the windows
I was using which were the same as the ones above.

I need to take some more pics of the internals.  Mine are built without an
adjacent wall.  Eventually I hope to add middle modules.  Not sure how useful
that flexiblity is, but at least it saves a few bricks in the meantime.

No internal walls helps save bricks and I did that on my first run of
townhouses/rowhouses.  But it does limit your flexibiltiy.  Which I need in
my next "big" project.

Ken

-Jason

Jason Spears