 Town / 585
Re: Legoville...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:31:39 GMT

Jonas Marcho wrote in message ...
Well, I still haven't been able to build a suitable Hospital under the • space
restrictions given (20x24 studs). I'm desperate. Does anyone have a • suggestion
on how I can handle this dilemma?

Are you restricted to 20x24 stud for the actual building, or do you need to
leave some space around the outer walls?

If you have the full 20x24 for actual building, build up.  If you're worried
about how the people get from floor to floor (I usually don't because none
of TLG's buiders do.  I think that minifigs can levitate.) put an elevator
in one corner.  The ground floor could be reception/lobby, the second floor
ought to hold 3 big (2bed) rooms plus your elevator--if you made it a ward,
you could probably fit even more.  The third floor would then be the OR, and
you should have enough space to squeeze in a scrub room, too.  Put a Helipad
and elevator access on the roof and you're set.

My custom-made signs, which I adhere using rubber cement, are not working • out.
The fumes from the glue give me a massive headache and after about a month • or
so the signs start to peel off. What should I do about this?

Thank you for the information.  I was contemplating how I could replace a
few stickers that no longer stick and my first thought was rubber cement.
Have you tried white glue?  Another alternative would be to print your signs
on labels.  Avery makes a nice selection, although I'm not sure if they have
clear label sheets.  That is something I've been meaning to look into.

I have a small space (20x20 studs) that needs to be filled. My town already
has virtually everything it needs (Weapon Store, Grocery Store, Electronics
Store, Restaurant, Bank, etc.), so what is left? Suggestions, please?

20x20--hair salon, laundromat, florist, art gallery, haberdashery, bakery,
dive shop, bookstore, skate shop, toy store...are you sure you have
everything?  Think "strip mall" and all the little buisinesses that thrive
in there.  For some ideas on the florist/laundromat see Sean Kenney's page
http://www.seankenney.com/lego/bayles .  Until I found his page, I hadn't
even thought about those two, and he did an excellent job on them.

LMK what you come up with--I'm always interested in new ideas.

Brian (bbq) Sauls