 Town / 5474
Re: Honey, I shrunk the Chateau!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:23:00 GMT

In lugnet.build.arch, Jonathan Lopes writes:

Hi John,

My apologies for the deliquency in noticing this. (I've actually had to do
'work' at work the past few days).  Very nice. Looks to me like a Mayoral
Mansion for a city. Any plans to put a cityesque landsacape around it?

You've had to *work*???  I hate it when "work" gets in the way of build and
talking about LEGO!  Priorities, man;-)

As far as building around it, no.  This building and all of my other so-called
"backdrop" buildings are exactly that-- stuff that is literary on the back edge
of the modules-- they have been "sliced" in half to provide more room for
modeling on the layout itself.  When I take pics of the whole thing together it
will become clear what I'm talking about.

What parts are the columns between the windows made with?

Ahh, you've noticed my "grail" element; the one around which the chateau was
built in the first place.  It is a Scala part and though I can't find its ldraw
number (not sure it *has* been drawn), you can see it in this set here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3116

It has come in many wild colors, but I have found it to be a great architectual
piece in white.  I spent a lot of time and money tracking those babies down:-p

There have been a few times where I have built an entire MOC merely because of
one key part; the chateau was inspired by this one.

-John