 Town / 5350
Re: Residential Block/Squad 252
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sean Kenney writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes writes:

Jonathan:

Very nice stuff... I love the Mr. Softee truck, you got it dead-on.  :)

Thanks. I built the truck after you and I discussed the street vendor's a
while ago.

I always love the neat little details you add, like the metal bars on the
first-floor windows of the tan building, the flowers on the windowsill, and
the air-vents on the roof.  (And of course the "Jonathan Lopes signature"
standpipe valve.  ...I'll have to admit I've thrown a couple into my city as
well.)   :)

Yeah, I'd like to add a clothesline on the fire escape too. I don't know how
to do the clothes though. Well with 'Dobbys Release' I can do socks.

I like the way the fire escapes have come out!  After chatting with you
about it, I have been playing with similar ideas for my own fire escapes...
maybe I'll snap a picture tonight and show you.

The cornice work and window details on the red building are great too!  (Is
there a word for "the ornamentation over a window"?)

Sean
Kevin Wilson called them lintels....I have to admit I never heard that term
before & didn't know what to call them other than window tops.

Thanks again!
Best,
Jonathan