 Town / 5308
Re: MOV(ersion) of the Meno Roadster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.town, Joe Meno writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Greg Perry writes:
Recently, Joe Meno posted some pictures of his new roadster.  Based on
requests from others he followed that up by putting some instructions on
BrickShelf showing how the car was built.

Following his instructions (for the most part - I had to fudge in a couple
of places)

oops, sorry about that:)

No apologies necessary - the fudging was due to not having the parts I
needed in the sand green color (I think it was the 1x3 slope).  As it turns
out those pieces are not really that visible in the finished model so
they're really not missed. I've since gotten the parts but haven't taken
time to redo it.  The only other change I can remember is that I add more
tiles on the back trunk door - since I had them I figured, why not?

I wouldn't have thought of this color scheme (I'm a bright primary color
guy), but it works really well!

For my next one I was thinking about brown and black.  When looking over my
auto parts recently I found that I had the car body piece in black.  I also
have the wheels with the brown spokes and have seen the slope pieces in
brown. I'm hoping that the brown will make the car look like it has a nifty
wood finish.

PS How often do you guys have shows? I'm a few hours away and would like to
drop in on a show sometime. There's some great stuff to see based on what I
saw on your pictures:)

For now, it looks like our standing show schedule is going to be in March
and in the Fall (I think the regular month is Nov. but they held it in Sept.
this year).  Both of these shows are put on by the RF&P Model Railroad club
(based in Ashland, VA) and the Science Museum of Virginia.

Come on down and check us out!  We'd love to have some fellow LUGNETters
come for a visit.

Greg