 Town / 5307
Re: MOV(ersion) of the Meno Roadster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 04:27:29 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Greg Perry writes:
Recently, Joe Meno posted some pictures of his new roadster.  Based on
requests from others he followed that up by putting some instructions on
BrickShelf showing how the car was built.

Following his instructions (for the most part - I had to fudge in a couple
of places)

oops, sorry about that:)

I came up with the following Meno roadster in a sand green & tan
color scheme:

I wouldn't have thought of this color scheme (I'm a bright primary color
guy), but it works really well!

During the recent RichLUG train show, I had this vehicle out on the road in
front of my Brickenbloom House layout.  Many people commented on how cool
they thought the car looked.  Those comments were a springboard for giving
LUGNET, BrickShelf and great community members like Joe a plug.  Folks were
very impressed to find it was not only a fan's creation but that he took the
time to post instructions online for others.

Thanks again Joe for such a nifty model and for the instructions.  I'm
already looking forward to cranking out a few more of these in different
color schemes.

You're very welcome! I really don't know what else to say. It's a high
compliment when other AFOLs tell you your MOC is cool, but when non-AFOLs
start talking, that's something else!

Thanks for showing off my roadster! And naming it too:)!

Joe Meno

PS How often do you guys have shows? I'm a few hours away and would like to
drop in on a show sometime. There's some great stuff to see based on what I
saw on your pictures:)