 Town / 5302
Re: MOC: Another FedEx truck, & a 4-wide 2002 Mini Cooper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:29:01 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sean Kenney writes:
All:

Hi there.  A bunch of you have seen my 6-wide FedEx step-van already... I
liked the way it came out, but it really didn't fit the scale of my city.
So I recently built a 4-wide version of the same FedEx van.

Here's the 4-wide van:

Looks good.  How is the diagonal 1x1 tile attached?

And here are the two together:

Neat.  I could see using both of these in a town.  One would be the kind of
truck that drives cross-country, while the other for making in-town deliverys.

I also built a 4-wide Mini Cooper. (The new 2002 model from BMW.)  I'm not
crazy about the way my model looks from certain angles, but I designed it to
get the top view and 3/4 view as accurate as possible.  It was also a fun
challenge to get the stripes on the hood and to get the wheels as close to
the front & back as possible.  This is actually the 3rd iteration of my
Mini, so I expect I'll be tweaking it further.

Top view (my favorite!)

Well done.  There is a serious amount of SNOT necessary to get those shapes.
Bravo.

Sean

-Jason

Jason Spears