 Town / 5296
Re: BrickTopia Spaceport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Yet again a cool model.
Good use of all that transparent-dark-green.
Thanks

You have a collection of "cool" parts that I really envy :)
Like the 4x4 quarter circles in blue.
These are cheaply available on BrickLink for about 30 cents each.

And like the 2x2 round printed tile on the spaceship at the front
And all the different control pannels you seem to have (I find that getting
hold of "cool" control pannels is nigh impossible)
I especially like how you used the printed 1x6x5 bricks (I own one of each
printing of those but if the opertunity ever arrises to get more, dont
think I wont take it :)
Most of these parts come from childhood classic space sets. I haven't looked
at BrickLink availability of these, but I bet that they are hard to get.
The newer SW, Mars, and Alpha Team sets have a good variety of flat control
panels though.

Are those insectoid noisemakers in one of those pictures? (Is there any
part you cant use in new and creative ways?)
Yep - Those are the Insectoid tails.  Actually, I've used these quite a bit
as sculptures.  They seem like useless parts, but you can use virtually
anything as a "sculpture."  In this case though, they are supposed to be
some sort of exhaust system or something.