 Town / 5266
Re: 4 new MOCs: Ford Econoline, an SUV, Lincoln Towncar, Minivan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:07:59 GMT

The town car really looks right and I like the van as well.

Thanks!  I almost didn't photograph the towncar since I thought it looked
too "generic" as far as cars go.  Glad you liked it.  I was inspired by the
big bold chrome grille on the new 2003 towncars I've been seeing around.

I really like the inclusion of graffiti...it adds realism. How
did you do it? A clear label and permanent marker?

Glue sticks!  I actually just thought of it yesterday, and I wish I'd done
the same for my FedEx van, which is poorly taped up.  It was easy, actually
-- I created some fake grafitti on my computer (I used Photoshop, but any
paint program would do) and then printed it out on plain paper on a regular
cheapo inkjet printer.  I then cut it out & used an Elmer's glue stick to
make the back sticky, and just slapped it on.  It's like making your own
post-it notes... rubber cement would probably work as well.  I like it much
better than using tape, because you can't see the adhesive, and it's not as
gluey as a sticker so you can peel it off.

I actually meant to upload the grafitti GIF to brickshelf, but I forgot to!
I'll have to do that tonight.

Have you thought about a front bumper of some type for the van?

Yeah, the van was kind of a quick thing, since I just wanted to test the
grafitti idea...  I will probably redo some of the other details like the
grill, the bumper, etc.  I want to make more ... you can never have enough
cargo vans in a model of New York :)

Sean
---
The Brick Apple : New York City in Lego