 Town / 5146
Re: Real "lights" in town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.town, Kevin Cheng writes:
<snip>

Great!  That sounds pretty easy, the only thing I'm worried about is that
the bricks would melt if I made a series of stadium lights near each other.

Kevin
Actually, LED lights put out almost *no* heat, so you shouldn't have any
problems.  The GMLTC uses LEDs all over our layout, and we have no problems
with them getting too warm.

John, can it be true that the amount of heat a LED puts out varies according
to the "model" (I dunno if I can refer to LEDs as if they were cars, do they
really have different models with different performances)?

I have seen LEDs getting hot, although I dunno if they were working ok.

Pedro