 Town / 5141
Re: Real "lights" in town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 07:58:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Cheng writes:
Is it possible to have some real street lights in a LEGO town?
I know that there were some light and sound sets before in the 90s, but they
were mostly for emergency vehicles.  Also, I think I've seen some older sets
in the early days have real, working lamp post thou I'm not really sure.
Currently I'm working on a stadium and it would be great if I could actually
add some lights to it.

Lego made lighting brick sets http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=lighting+brick
(see idea book 6000 too.) You can get a lighting part from the 4561 train.
Or just make your own! It's really quite easy and a 10-year old can do it
(trust me).

Start with a 2x2 brick. Use a soldering iron or other tool to make a round
hole in the side, into which you fit an LED. Put this into a circuit of a
switch, a 1K or 5K resistor (maybe), and a pair of AA batteries. In this way
you can make a neato traffic light. Other approaches involve sticking the
LED inside a clear brick.

Warning: don't try to supply both electrical service and running water pipes
to Legoland at the same time (trust me).

-Erik