 Town / 5060
Re: Sidewalks for Minifig Safety
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:25:08 GMT

Mark & All,

Hmmmmmmmm can't be topped?? Darn and I thought our downtown with"tiled
sidewalks" looked pretty good.:-)

Ahh, yes - they do look good. But I think one of your pics shows the point
about keeping minifigs upright on tiles..
lol, I guess he had too much Legoland Ale ;)

Well, minifigs do fall over occasionally, but using them in a multiple of
creations and shows now, most of them do stand the test. With trains and
other things running by. And it is not too big of deal to stand a few up
during a show, we usually have people circling to make sure.

But this topic is something I am very interested in. The tile sidewalks do
look nice, but the plate sidewalks would provide a much more stable • platform
for showing.

While plates may provide a stable platform, IMHO I think they do not
represent actual sidewalks very well. As a matter of fact, WHITE tiles do
not as well, but that is a LD concern ( * HINT HINT 2x2 light gray tile
packs would be swell for sidewalks HINT HINT * )

Also, I think plates provide a poor forum for most paved surfaces, including
parking lots, gas stations, and flooriing.
As many know, both my train station and my Shell Station used many tiles for
a more realistic look to them.

Shell Station:
http://www.scottesanburn.org/creations/shell-station-index.htm

And I am loving the wide sidewalks! I was debating with myself how wide • mine
should be, I think I am leaning for 6 wide right now.

6 wide sidewalks do look nice, and provide for more details.

Here is a link for my Shell Station, to see what I did with multiple tile
packs.

Shell Station:
http://www.scottesanburn.org/creations/shell-station-index.htm

Scott S.