 Town / 5058
Re: Sidewalks for Minifig Safety
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
Sidewalks are a topic I am interested in hearing peoples thoughts on.  When
building your city, do you include sidewalks?

I have found that some town builders use tiles for sidewalks, which seems
strange to me.  Yes, it does match the "pavement" of the road plates, but
its tough to keep a minifig upright on tile.  Lately, Ive been constructing
extra large, 6 wide sidewalks using light gray plates.  Not only that, Im
letting them hang out over the smooth part of the road plate, so the streets
are only 12 studs wide!  This may seem odd, especially when TLC is actually
expanding their roads, but let me tell you, it makes for a much more
inviting atmosphere.  With a 6 wide sidewalk, you can add trees, signs, and
benches, while still allowing for minifigs to walk comfortably.

This idea for sidewalks will probably not sound great to vehicle-heads,
especially those who love 6-8 wide creations, but I think for an overall
look, it cant be topped.

Hmmmmmmmm can't be topped?? Darn and I thought our downtown with"tiled
sidewalks" looked pretty good.:-)