 Town / 4861
    Slot Car Project —Ed Andrews
   Anyone know of past projects at making Lego slot cars? Having had an old Tyco, HO scale set years ago, I am wondering about the possibility of modifying 1496 and 1497 into a motorized set? If memory serves, home-made slot track could be approached (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Slot Car Project —Greg Howell
   (...) Hi Ed, Interesting idea, I work at a motorracing collectables store and we sell 1/32nd and 1/24th scale slot cars for plastic tracks. I just looked and without actual testing it looks like one of the brands we carry uses a "foot" (guide rail (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Slot Car Project —Ed Andrews
   Greg, Yeah, I think this will be an excellent project. I think Lego is potentially headed down the same path with some of the new race sets. The pull back motors and tracks are pretty close to the old Hot Wheels tracks. The reason why I was thinking (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.town)