 Town / 4861
4860  |  4862
Subject:
Slot Car Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:34:05 GMT

Anyone know of past projects at making Lego slot cars?  Having had an old
Tyco, HO scale set years ago, I am wondering about the possibility of
modifying 1496 and 1497 into a motorized set?  If memory serves, home-made
slot track could be approached with masonite track, a router’d slot for the
center of each lane and thin strips of copper adhered to the track for
power.  How to approach the motor and electrical pick-up contacts in the
cars will be a challenge, especially in a 4 stud wide chassis.

Seems like an area that not many are pursuing.  Thanks for any input and
past references.