 Town / 4754
  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

(...) Sean, These are beautiful! I especially like the one with all the gray ridged bricks. That one has a great color scheme. I'm not as fond of the color scheme on the other, but I suppose I should take that up with NYC's public transportation (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

(...) Well, I've noticed that most trucks and busses have a slightly different type of hub on their front wheels. I'm not sure why, perhaps it has to do with steering. (Any die-hard truck guys out there know why?) The hub on rear wheels is usually (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

(...) If the truck has 'duallies' in back, what is often done is that only one wheel type is used. The wheel is dished so that when two wheels are put back to back, the wheel centers are adjacent (and the plane between the two tyres). Then that's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

(...) That is true. However, Sean was also right about the steering issue. You want the front wheels to pivot about their centerline, so the steering mechanism must be *inside* the wheel. Go look at your car's front wheels if you don't believe me... (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

(...) That's interesting. After reading this post I was looking at busses all weekend. 3 different bus lines all had the wheel arrangement you describe. Funny how I never noticed that before, but now after this thread I couldn't stop seeing it. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide New York City busses

Argh! I can't go out on the street without seeing this wheel arrangement now. They're everywhere! It's like an invasion. Bruce (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)