 Town / 411
Re: Airport Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 10:17:57 GMT

Sounds great so far.  I hope you have the Lego to build this thing so I can
see it. :)

Since you asked...

I am looking for ideas on=
- rail system (starts inside the Int. Terminal and ends inside the Sat.
Building)

Monorail might look best, probably would have to be elevated to allow other
vehicles (baggage, emergency, etc.) free passage.

- Airport ground equipment (vehicles, emergency vehicles)

For emergency vehicles, you'd probably want an airport fire/rescue station
with a pumper truck and a few other vehicles.

If your airport is in a northern zone, you might want snow removal equipment
too.

- ideas on duty-free shops, baggage claim, restaurants/cafe

A lot of big airports have large "rotundas" beyond the check-in counters
(but before the security inspections) with restaurants and shops...and lots
of coffee shops scattered around the rest of the place (near the departure
gates, etc.).

Paul Davidson