 Town / 4070
Re: Brickley Admiralty building - another ISCC entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:03:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jason J. Railton writes:
Okay, it's becoming clear that I obviously don't have as much Lego or spare
time as some people.  Nevertheless, here's another last minute ISCC entry:
http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/055/055.htm

In lugnet.town, Gary Thomas writes:
I enjoyed the coloring, the band, and the trans-green cones make great
empties :).

In lugnet.town, Jason J. Railton writes:
Thanks.  I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't be the first to show a
building in those colours.  The band were fun to do - finding lots of unique
or unusual minifig parts and putting them all together.  I try to come up
with characters or situations for the minifigs I put in models.  I've done a
train dining carriage with lots of different couples in, but that approach
uses a lot of hairpieces - real people don't wear quite as many hats as Lego
seem to think.

By the way, has anybody noticed that the bottom third of the skip lorry cab
is built upside-down?  Lego don't do 1x2 inverted slopes in orange, so I had
to improvise.  It's the brackets and silver grilles on the front, and a 1x4
technic steering plate at the back that hold it all in place.

I do like Jonathan Lopes' green truck cab though - nice use of the limited
bricks in that colour too.

Jason J Railton